carbon monoxide

Carbon monoxide poisoning from generators has reportedly killed five Floridians in the wake of Irma. Here are some ways to prevent exposure to the potentially deadly gas.

Polk County Sheriff's Office

A 7-year-old Polk County girl died Wednesday from carbon-monoxide poisoning at a home with a generator running inside after Hurricane Irma, authorities said.

One person has died and three others are being treated at a hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning from an electric generator in Daytona Beach, the fourth such death as people across the state wait for power to be restored after Hurricane Irma.

Marcel / Flickr

Southwest Florida law enforcement agencies are checking Ford SUVs in their vehicle fleets to keep officers safe from carbon monoxide leaks.

Carbon Monoxide Sends 8 People To Hospital

Feb 1, 2017
WMFE News

Authorities say six children and two adults in the Florida Panhandle are in serious condition after carbon monoxide filled their vehicle, causing them to fall asleep.