Of the $175 billion in federal CARES Act funding for hospitals that serve the nation's poorest people, about $50 billion has yet to be allocated. Those who represent Florida's safety net hospitals - charged with caring for everyone, regardless of their ability to pay - say they are counting on a greater share of that funding if they are to stay afloat.
- Coronavirus Maps: How Severe Is Your State's Outbreak?
- Can Testing Students For Coronavirus Twice A Week Prevent Campus Outbreaks?
- 14 States Make Contact Tracing Data Public. Here's What They're Learning
- Getting A Coronavirus Test To Make Visiting Family Safe? Not So Fast
- Lives Cut Short: Remembering Health Care Workers In Their 20s Killed By COVID-19