News about coronavirus in Florida and around the world is constantly emerging. It's hard to stay on top of it all but Health News Florida can help. Our responsibility is to keep you informed, and to help discern what’s important for your family as you make what could be life-saving decisions.
BayCare Hospitals To Allow Visitors Once Again
For the first time in nearly five months, BayCare Health System is going to allow visitors - on a limited basis - at its hospitals.
Starting Wednesday, most inpatients will be allowed one visitor a day between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
BayCare closed visitation at its 15 hospitals in March to try to limit the spread of the coronavirus.
According to a press release from BayCare, visitors must be 18 or older, pass COVID-19 screening, and wear a mask for their entire visit.
- Extended hours will be allowed for pediatric, neonatal intensive care, labor and delivery and mothers and newborns.
- However, no visitors will be allowed for Behavioral Health or COVID-19 patients.
- Patients arriving for surgeries and procedures will be allowed one visitor during pre-operation and recovery times.
- Emergency Department patients, except for those presenting with respiratory symptoms, will be allowed one visitor once they are placed in their treatment room.
- Special circumstances can be approved by hospital leadership on a case-by-case basis.
These visitation changes are effective at:
- St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, Tampa
- St. Joseph’s Hospital, Tampa
- St. Joseph’s Hospital – North, Lutz
- St. Joseph’s Hospital – South, Riverview
- St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital, Tampa
- South Florida Baptist Hospital, Plant City
- Morton Plant North Bay, New Port Richey
- Bardmoor Emergency Center, Largo
- BayCare Alliant Hospital, Dunedin
- Mease Countryside Hospital, Safety Harbor
- Mease Dunedin Hospital, Dunedin
- Morton Plant Hospital, Clearwater
- St. Anthony’s Hospital, St. Petersburg
- Bartow Regional Medical Center
- Winter Haven Hospital
- Winter Haven Women’s Hospital
Copyright 2020 WUSF Public Media - WUSF 89.7