Many thanks to latest foundation supporter
We have to send out a big thank you today to Quantum Foundation.
Quantum, based in West Palm Beach, sent word that it is donating $5,000 to our current fund drive, aimed at helping us obtain the $25,000 in matching funds another foundation has put on the table.
But we still need to raise about $15,000. Luckily, we've been allowed another month to raise it.
We have been blessed with generous foundation grants this year from a number of community and health foundations around the state, including:
- Health Foundation of South Florida, based in Miami. HFSF is our fiscal sponsor, providing our bookkeeping and tax-exempt status to enable us to bring in grants and donations.
- Winter Park Health Foundation, in the Orlando area.
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation of Venice.
- Jesse Ball duPont Fund, based in Jacksonville.
- John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, based in Miami.
- Dade Community Foundation, on behalf of Blue Cross and Blue Shield Foundation.
The Knight Foundation provided more than $300,000 over two years in matching grants. It is this matching grant that we have to raise the final $25,000 to bring in.
There are two ways to donate:
Online: Visit http://www.healthnewsflorida.org/support_our_work and click "Donate" to contribute via PayPal using a credit card.
By mail: Make checks payable to Health Foundation of South Florida and write Health News Florida in the “for” line. Send to:
Health Foundation of South Florida
Attention: Debra Johnson
One Biscayne Tower
2 South Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 1710
Miami, FL 33131
--We welcome Letters to the Editor. Carol Gentry, Editor, can be reached at 727-410-3266 or at Carol.Gentry@HealthNewsFlorida.org.