Pharmacy Ordered to Pay $1.38M in Overdose
A jury has decided that a Walgreens pharmacy should pay $1.38 million to an Atlantic Beach patient who was injured by a prescription overdose, the Florida Times-Union reports. According to testimony, the patient’s prescription of Phenergan for food poisoning was written with a dose four times too high. Her doctor caught the mistake and called the pharmacy, but somehow the change didn’t register in the pharmacy computer. The patient suffered damage to her nervous system, according to testimony. The physician settled the case separately.