Nearly 60,000 poor, disabled and elderly residents are on a waiting list for placement in Florida’s Medicaid managed long-term care program. But the number of people on the list will be drastically reduced in the coming months. The Legislature this year passed a law to ensure that the list only includes the names of residents who are most at risk of nursing home placement and that people with “low priority” scores will not go on the list.
- Experimental Medicines For COVID-19 Could Help Someday, But Home Runs Not Guaranteed
- Coronavirus Maps: How Severe Is Your State's Outbreak?
- How The Pandemic Is Widening The Racial Wealth Gap
- About 1 In 5 Households In U.S. Cities Miss Needed Medical Care During Pandemic
- Scientists Say A Mind-Bending Rhythm In The Brain Can Act Like Ketamine