There's a bridge in Overtown, under the 836 Expressway, that has long sheltered homeless people, many of whom are addicted to heroin. Now a public health investigation is looking into a group of new HIV cases there. That’s part of what prompted Miami city commissioners to pass an emergency resolution to close the street two weeks ago. A couple of sets of barricades block traffic to the area. Cars can't get through, but people are still staying there. "The context of what happened in this area...
- Researchers Uncover A Circuit For Sadness In The Human Brain
- Active Ingredient In Marijuana Reduced Alzheimer's-Like Effects In Mice
- A Winning Idea: Medicaid Expansion Prevails In Idaho, Nebraska And Utah
- How Hospitals Can Tackle The Maternal Mortality Crisis
- These Flatworms Can Regrow A Body From A Fragment. How Do They Do It And Could We?
Kaiser Health News
- Midterm Election Boosts Medicaid Expansion, But Challenges Remain
- House Dems In New Seats Of Power Will Steer Health Policy, Attack Drug Prices
- Midterm Results Show Health Is Important To Voters But No Magic Bullet
- California Dreamin’? With Newsom’s Win, Single-Payer Unlikely To Follow Anytime Soon
- Soda Industry Steals Page From Tobacco To Combat Taxes On Sugary Drinks